Saturday 15 November 2008

BasicGrey Challenge Blog - Challenge # 11

Gosh ! The time flies when you are having fun !! I can't believe we are on week 11 already.

Anyway, enough of the waffle ! This week on the BasicGrey Challenge Blog its all about boys ! ;o)

"This weeks challenge is to create something for the boys, i can hear the shrieks all the way over here in Northern Ireland lol, i know exactly how you feel, men's cards are just too darn tricky but this is a challenge blog after all and that's exactly what we are doing, Challenging you, so good luck and remember that your creations must contain at least one item from BasicGreyand for your hard efforts on this challenge we have a fabby prize on offer for one lucky winner which has kindly been donated by our new sponsor The scrapbook Garden"

This is what I made for the challenge this week and I loved getting down and dirty for this one ! I love using distress inks but so far, I have only ever used them for edging and painting. I had also bought myself some Prima clear stamps which are totally different to anything I have used before, very "Tim Holtz" ! I have been sat looking at these stamps for weeks and I eventually said to my DH "why on Earth did I buy these ?". This week I was thrown into the deep end and decided to give "that look" a try and I hope I have done it justice !




To make this card I used :

Distress inks in vintage photo, walnut stain, peeled paint and pine needles all mixed in a big mess on a piece of card ! I then stamped the images in vintage photo and Versafine onyx black.

Prima Clear Stamps "Dance" and a touch of glossy accents on the bird

Bazzill green card, BasicGrey Archaic patterned paper and Core'dinations brown card

Brown ribbon from Poppicrafts (this does have hearts on the reverse but you can't see them !).

Archaic buttons and brads and cord from my stash.


Unfortunately, we also have some sad news this week. We are saying goodbye to our fabulous DT member, Chris. On a personal note I would like to say a big thank you to Chris for being such a fabby team mate and for giving me lots of inspiration and I wish you luck and happiness in the future and keep up your fantastic work !!


Looking forward to seeing your "one for the boys".


7 comments:

  1. I love this Jo, so unusual and different. I really must get into the habit of using tags more, they add a great extra dimension.
    Thanks so much for your help last night, I got an email and I'm onboard for February, if you know what I mean ;o)
    Thanks again, you're a gem! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! The paper is fantastic and I love the use of the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous. I love what you have done, the colours, tag, colours and design are all fantastic :) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo this is gorgeous, love how you have done your card. a wonderful way to use a tag. hugs Rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo this is fabulous!! Love the bird image.

    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Jo - love the papers and fab stamps

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Jo. The paper is fantastic and the way you've used the tag is great.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...