Monday 26 January 2009

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #35

I enjoyed playing along with Sketch Saturday so much last week, I just had to do it all over again this week (and there is a fabby prize up for grabs too ;o) )

Here is my entry ....




The base card is brown Bazzill.

The patterned paper is Making Memories Chloe's Closet which my very good friend and fellow BasicGrey DT buddy, Tara, sent me all the way from Canada (I gave her a shopping list for her lunch hour !!). This paper is soooo scrummy, fresh, bright and different and I couldn't wait to use it (after a good stroke of course !!). I also distressed the edges with old paper distress ink.

I also used my new toy which Tara also sent me from Canada - a brand new Martha Stewart punch - just how cool is that ?!! If you look closely the little "dots" are actually teeny, sweet hearts !

The image is Sugar Nellie "Kitty" which I have coloured with ProMarkers. The colours I used are : cinnamon and henna (hair), marsh green (hat), apricot and spice (bow on hat), pastel pink (hearts on hat), pastel yellow (flowers on hat), ivory and blush (skin), marsh green (blouse), apricot and spice (apron), cornflower and warm grey 2 (trousers), pastel yellow and apricot (patches on trousers), satin and cornflower (bowl), cinnamon and henna (cat), cool grey 2 for outlines. I also distressed the edges of the image with old paper and spiced marmalade.

The sentiment is a rub-on by October Afternoon.

The flowers were cream Hero Arts flowers which I coloured with my spice ProMarker.

The copper coloured brads and spacers are from my stash.

I also decorated the inside (very simply) but its decorated.....



I used the same patterned paper as on the front (Making Memories Chloe's Closet), my new Martha Stewart punch and a sentiment by DoCrafts.

To Tara - I hope I made your shopping trip in the thick snow and minus 14 degrees worth while !!! LOL - thank you hunny - you are a diamond !

14 comments:

  1. Aww i love it Jo - its bootsiful!!!! haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo

    really cute, the punch looks cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superbly stunning Jo - I adore the papers and colour scheme and love the new MS punch detail....a fabulous creation...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Jo, I just love the new goodies you've used! That paper is fabulous! I didn't know you had your own persoanl shopper now, lucky you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is fab! I love the image and the layout is great too!
    Georgia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Jo. Wonderfull colour scheme. Karen.x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya jo

    am sending a wee something in the post you guessed I won a "Fiskars" something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!!! You did beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Jo! Love the image and the border punch looks just fabulous! You are a lucky girl having one of those!!

    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful what a lovely card!
    hugs sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shading around your image on the Sketch Saturday Card.

    The orange flowers are fantastic and pick out the lovely orange bow on her hat

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jo, I just love your card that you made with your fab new MM papers and I love it with the chocolate brown! The punch is so sweet too! And of course the image is darling and the colouring outstanding!!! I was happy to do a little shoppin' on my lunch hour for ya, anytime,hun!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...