Sunday 29 March 2009

Colour Create Challenge # 9

Good morning everyone ! I hope you have all remembered to move your clocks on an hour ?

We had the most fantastic evening and went to see Ski tap dancing in her dance school's production of The Wizard of Oz - it was and she was absolutely fantastic. Yes, I did sit and cry when she came on stage ! It's a Mum thing !

Back to Colour Create. Well, not only do we have a fantastic challenge for you this week but you should see the mountain of BLOG CANDY Tara is offering this week - it is enough to make me wonder why I agreed to be in her DT !!!! (only kidding hunny pie !!). Would you believe she has even managed to get her hands on some of those hard to come by Anya stamps from The Greeting Farm !

This week's challenge has been set by our very talented DT member Sharon.




The color combo for this week is blue and lilac and the optional extra is swirls and ribbons - easy one for you this week !

This is my creation :



The base card is white Bazzill and again, I based my card on the sketch Rica made for the BasicGrey Challenge yesterday - I loved it that much !

The patterned papers are BasicGrey "Lilykate".

The lilac card is from the Papermania card stack. The corner stamps I have used on the card are from Tesco would you believe. I found them lurking and needing a home because our Tesco seem to think we don't like crafting anymore and so have removed nearly all of their stock apart from a few very lonely items.

The raffia ribbon is from Hobbycraft.

The Zoomz are by Robins Nest and are from Simonsaysstamp.

The pearls are from my stash.

The image is a Sarah Kay image called "Anyone for Apple Pie" and I adore it. She is of course coloured with ProMarkers. Ivory and blush (skin), cocoa (hair), lilac and amethyst (hat and apron), cornflower and china blue (dress), cocoa (shoes), sandstone and cinnamon (basket), grass, forest green and ruby (apples), meadow green and grass (grass), cornflower (flowers).

The rest of the DT have made some amazing cards again this week and that is definately worth a look !

Have a great Sunday and have a great week.

I shall be back on Wednesday when it is the launch of the brand new challenge blog Simon Says Challenge and they have BLOG CANDY too !

18 comments:

  1. Oh fab work sweetie! Just love the image and you've coloured her to perfection. Pretty gorge papers too!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning Jo! This is such a beuatiful image and I love her coloured with promarkers..looks great ...mine are very dusty !!! Gorgeous raffia ribbon too. Great card!
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Jo, I love the papers and the image is so gorgeous! I'm not surprised you've used that gorgeous sketch again too, it works really well! Those corner stamps are a great find, something a bit different that not many peeps will own!
    Sorry you're excluded from the candy matey - the downside of being on the team I guess. Never mind, you know you can have some Anya images anytime you like ;o)
    Have a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely Jo. I love this image and your little corner stamps are great!
    Love the papers too,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your card Jo. That image is so sweet. I can see why you've used Heather's sketch twice; it looks stunning. Those Teso stamps are beautiful as are your papers.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful image and design Jo hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Jo and such a lovely and beautifully coloured image, perfect for the colour scheme this week! Nice that you used the Heather's sketch again too, it is a great one and your corner stamps are a good find in Tesco's! Glad you had a lovely time watching Ski in her show, I do remember those tearful moments, times to treasure. Have a great week and look forward to having a look at the Simon Says Challenge blog. Hugs, Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card...love the image and shes coloured perfectly...love the mesh ribbon so much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening Jo, what a totally gorgeous card hunny, i love the colours and the image is fabulous. Hope you have had a great weekend, i can't believe how quickly it has gone! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and I just love the Sarah Kay image.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous card Jo, I love the papers and your Sarah Kay Image

    ReplyDelete
  12. wowww Jo,what a beautiful card.

    hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love this card! The colouring is brilliant and I love the papers you've used.
    Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jo, your colors are so vivid and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jo - glad you liked my sketch enough to use it again. (Have another two up my sleeve - ro somewhere). Love what you've done with it - fabulous papers and what a gorgeously coloured image - love it.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card Jo she looks gorgeous, lovely papers & ribbon just lovely, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Jo, I didn't even know that Tescos did papercraft stuff! Hope they re-stock soon. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hiyaaaaa!!
    Oh dear I'm sorry I haven't been visiting - I just can't keep up!!! LOL
    Jo I love this card - great design and wonderful colouring as ever.

    Off now to catch up and browse through your recent creations

    Hugs
    Dawn
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...