Saturday 5 March 2011

BasicGrey Challenges - Wings


Good morning ! Wow, what a fantastic night I had last night. I had a joint birthday party with an old school friend of mine for our 40th Birthdays. Yes, I know my birthday was back in January but his is in a couple of weeks and so we chose a date somewhere(ish) in the middle !!! It's ages since I boogied the night away and great fun and laughter was had by all.

We have a new challenge for you over at BasicGrey Challenges and the theme this fortnight is WINGS.

As usual, there is a fabulous prize of a $25 shopping spree in the Simon Says Stamp Store for the lucky winner.


The DP's are BasicGrey Lilykate and also some Basics Manila (the doiley was cut with an MFT Die-namics die).

The image I have had for a very long time and is by Elizabeth Bell for Sugar Nellie. She has been coloured with a mixture of ProMarkers and Copics.

The flowers are from my stash and I sprayed the rose with Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist.

The seam binding is from my local market and I dyed it the green with Lettuce and Willow Alcohol Inks.

The butterfly was punched with a Martha Stewart punch.

I followed Rach's fabulous sketch over at Friday Sketchers for my card so I am entering that challenge.

I am also entering Flutter by Wednesday's who are asking you to use a butterfly, angel or fairy on your creations.

As always, the DT have made some amazing, inspirational cards for you this week so please hop over and have a look to see what they have made.

Thank you for your visit, have a super duper weekend !

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the colours you've used!
    Luv /Hanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous hun! love the ruffled ribbon and gorgeous colour scheme! hugs, jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi jo love the card you have just reminded me i have this stamp along with loads of other Elizabeth Bell ones i'll have to get them out and use them again they are so cute it's a shame they are stuck in my draw.
    Hugs Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo this is so pretty, gorgeous papers & fab colouring
    Hugz fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo this is gorgoeus, love the colour and the sweet image
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, Jo, this is just so pretty. I love the colors, so earthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Jo; love the colours and the ruffled ribbon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Jo. I love the colouir combo, and that SN stamp is gorgeous. Fab dp and details.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jo, simply gorgeous hun, I like these papers, your image is perfect and gorgeous colouring too, glad you had a fab time at your do!! hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This is so beautiful, hun! I love the BG papers you have used!!!! I need to take a look at some of my old BG papers and use them as they are so beautiful and I have a bunch of Lilykate left over. Such a beautiful image and beautifully coloured too! Love that MFT Die-namics die too...on my wish list! Gorgeous, hun! Glad to hear you got your groove on and had a great time with friends....have a wonderful weekend, girlfriend!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!Just adore your card Jo,she is so pretty and the colours together are lovely!
    I really admire your colouring :)
    perfect!!
    thanks for your lovely comment,
    mojo is a bit missing at the moment-just when i need it for Demo day.
    Hope all is good for you,
    so looking forward to seeing you
    and the girls :)
    big hug,Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jo dear!!! This card is really beautiful, this image is so sweet and the colors you used are a fantastic combo. The butterfly puched with MS punch is so lovely.
    Have a fabulous week hun!
    Hugs, Giò

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is a gorgeous card hun, brilliant.
    thank you for playing along with my sketch @ friday sketchers. hugs rachx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card Jo!! Love the colours and your coloured seam binding is an amazing match!! Such a cute image too and super papers!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous card Jo. Love the papers and the image also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...