Wednesday 12 November 2014

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Seeing Stars !




Before I tell you all about this week's challenge, I have pleasure in announcing the winner from my blog of Stephanie's Birthday Blog Hop.

So, the lucky person is.....

KT Fit Kitty

Many congratulations.  Please make your way to the Simon Says Stamp Blog where there is an explanation of how you claim your prize !!



Thank you so much to everyone who joined in with our Thinking of You Challenge !

It's Wednesday and 


Yes, we have a new challenge over at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge !

The theme this week is 

Seeing Stars !

The Design Team are this week showcasing Studio Calico Products.

For this week's challenge, as always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px



My card is really glitzy in real life, would you believe ?  It was so hard to capture it on this dark and dismal day :(

Anyway, I inked the background with the distress inks and then took the stars and dots stencil and inked it in white ink.  I love this look, the stars and dots are so subtle but show up when they catch the light.

The cork stars I sprayed with Mr Huey's gold spray so they are glitzy too !

The shooting star is heat embossed in Glitz gold embossing powder and that is definitely glitzy !!

You can see a list of everything I used below !

We hope you can join us in our challenge this week and we look forward to seeing what you make !


Thank you for your visit and I hope you have a great day !










15 comments:

  1. I LOVE your gold and blue combination, Jo, and your background is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOHH this is lovely ! I love the background and can imagine it is even more shimmery and fabulous IRL :-) I am lovin' the gold too ,,, gorgeous :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card Jo!! Love this! So pretty!!

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, and just HOW much do I want that stamp set???? Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, just bought the stamp set... I have no will power what-so-ever! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo, what a beautiful background and wonderful colours perfect with the gold elements of grey.....I love the fabulous sentiment!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So happy to be your blog hop winner! Thank you! Your starry card is gorgeous - I really like the background with the distress inks and subtle stars - and the glittery strip is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Jo! fabulous card, I adore the design! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! I love the background and the cork stars and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a fabulous sparkly starry card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, Jo! I really like how you made the background!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving that beautiful, watercolourd background Jo, thanks for the inspiration! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! I love the background you've created, and all the added glittery gold!! I love that stamp set too...it is on my wishlist!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing background and love the touches of gold.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...