Wednesday 3 June 2009

Simon Says Challenge !


I hope you are all enjoying this splendid sunshine ! I am hoping and praying it will last and we have a fantastic Summer this year - fingers crossed.

This week on Simon Says Challenge the DT had enormous fun and I think it will be a challenge we will remember for a long time. We all adore Tim Holtz and his products, every single one of them although we aren't lucky enough to have used them all ! Heidi very generously sent us out a DT package of "Holtz Goodies" for us to try and so we made it into a challenge - how fantastic ! We had a mixture of stamps, distress inks, stickles, crackle paint, grungeboard, tools - the mind boggled !

Unfortunately the postal system took just under a month for my goodies to arrive and it finally arrived yesterday lunchtime and the challenge is today ! I already have some distress inks and other stamps so I had something in mind to make just in case the parcel did go AWOL ! The rest of the DT spent days and days rolling and unrolling their prayer mats and eventually, all their praying paid off - thank's gals !!


Well, here we go, my Holtz tag !!



I cut the tag myself from a piece of chipboard (saved for me by the girls I used to work with from their telephone notepads !) and a piece of white card glued to the front.

I used tattered rose, milled lavender and dusty concord distress inks and the ink applicator tool with foam for the background and edges of the tag.

I tore a sheet of text from an old book from a charity shop and glued that to the tag and applied ink to that too.

The stamp is a Stamper Anonymous stamp COM008 Vogue which I heat embossed with white embossing powder.

The flourish is grungeboard. Oh my goodness, you have to try this stuff, its amazing ! It has a very pungent smell to it like leather and you can do what you like to it, it just won't break apart and you can ink it, paint it, distress it, run it through your die cutting machine with embossing folders, sand it, there are endless possibilities. You can buy it in plain sheets and die cut it yourself or you can buy it with shapes already cut - the hearts and wings are next on my list, and the keys and hinges and, and !!!!

I used some metallic white acrylic paint on my flourish which I found in my paint box and also dabbed some purple metallic acrylic paint on there too. When it was dry I applied some Crackle Accents.

The sentiment "Dream" is a Melissa Frances transfer which are an absolutely "dream" to use ! There is no fear of only part of the transfer being left on the backing paper, these are so easy to rub off, they are fantastic. Heidi has just received the complete range of Melissa Frances transfers in store and I cannot recommend them enough, they are for every occasion and look fantastic. You can even use them on chipboard and glass !

The lace is from my stash and the hairy bits are wool from my local market !!

So the challenge this week is to get creative with Tim Holtz. If you don't have any you can still join in, just make something 'Inspired by Tim' He has made some awesome video's for you to see and you can see them here

The prize this week is $25 to spend on Tim Holtz products in the Simon Says Stamp Store ! The Simon Says Stamp store sells a huge, huge range of Tim Holtz products (19 pages worth !) and you won't be disappointed. Everything the DT has used in their creations, Heidi sells in store.

You must have a look at the rest of the DT's creations, they are amazing and we have all made something different with our goodies.

I would also like to say a huge thank you to all those people who took part in our last challenge which was Animals. I am pleased to say that we reached our target of 100 entries and both Heidi and Lorraine have donated $25 each to the Humane Society for Animals.

Have fun !

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jo! I like this pink one!:)

    Tímea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Jo :-) Your write up is fantsstic too !I think I have to go and adapt mine a bit after reading this !! Fab !:-)

    I am going to make a tag,,, have got the Tim Holtz bug now !! :-)
    Hugs
    Lorraine x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous card Jo,l love the colour.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is so adorable, love the fab colours and the images.

    Hugs
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Jo, stunning tag! I love the details and the work gone into it, and that its so soft and pretty. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You had some fun with this one and it's stunning! Pink and gorgeous!! I love the image stamped in white, it looks really arty farty. Bet you can't put your new goodies down now, lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phenomenal!!! I love your little work of art!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...