Saturday 5 February 2011

BasicGrey Challenges - All Heart


Wow, what a rough day we have here today. It's blowing a hooley out there and throwing it down with rain and sooo dark. I guess that means no good photos again today then ?!!

It is a good excuse though to join in with our challenge over at BasicGrey Challenges ! Our challenge this fortnight is all about ♥ HEARTS ♥, we want to see hearts on your projects in whatever form you like whether it be on the papers, ribbon, embellishment, image etc. but please do remember you do have to use one BasicGrey product to qualify for our prize !

The prize is of course a fantastic $25 shopping spree in the Simon Says Stamp Store ! Heidi, Steph and Sarah have just returned from the CHA show armed with new goodies for the store so what a perfect time to win this spree !

Thank you to everyone who has entered the last two BasicGrey Challenges of Spots and Dots and Flower Power and to all those who have entered our DT call. We were blown away with the number of entries to both challenges and especially the number of DT applications we received. Due to the high number of entries and the depleted number of Design Team members we would like to apologise if anyone didn't receive a comment this challenge as we have been struggling to keep up !! The DT call is now closed and we will be emailing the lucky applicants as soon as we can so keep your eyes peeled for an email !!






I have used BasicGrey "Olivia" DP's.


The image is by CC Designs and is called "Rosalie with Roses". This is an image from last year but I still love her ! She has been coloured with ProMarkers and Copics. She has hearts on her dress too !


The heart under the flowers I made from grunge paper. It has picket fence crackle paint on it. Does anyone else find this a pain to use ? Both my pots are so thick and gloopy and you literally have to spread it on like butter !! It dries OK with lovely cracks but then it starts dropping off whatever I have painted ! Why doesn't Tim's do this ????


The flowers are a mixture from my stash and Wild Orchid Crafts.


The sentiment is from a clear set by Kaisercraft I bought from the NEC.


The rest of the DT have made some amazing cards again for you this week. Please take a look and leave them a comment. All the team has been so poorly this past week with coughs, colds, migraines and everything else going around and have struggled to make their cards for this challenge so I would like to thank them all personally for their hard work and committment. I love you all girls ! xxxx


We hope you can join us in our challenge and we look forward to seeing your amazing creations again !


Thank you for your visit and have a great weekend.
I am also entering my card for these challenges :

Polkadoodle - With Heart
Raise the Bar - Hearts
Simply Create - Give Your Heart Away

17 comments:

  1. morning jo :) ,
    oh wow what a stunning card , i love your papers hun, the image is soo sweet, have lovely week end hunny jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card for Polkadoodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is pretty! Very ncie card! Love this image a lot)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Jo, a lovely colour combo!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, Jo! I love your grunge paper heart. I used some grunge paper recently myself it is fabulous stuff, isn't it!? I do struggle with my pots of crackle paint drying out and I ended up throwing several out as I couldn't even use them. Just a big clump. They are definitely messy to work with though. You would never know you had some challenges with gluppy paint hun it looks stunning and I love that you trimmed it in gold...so lush with all the gorgeous flowers too! Beautiful colouring, as always, soooo adorable!
    I am feeling better today hun thanks for asking and for all you support and understanding.
    Big Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty Jo!
    I like your sweet flower/heart embellishment, perfect accent for this little sweetie!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very pretty card! I love the combination of patterned paper and the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. one of my favourite characters and lush papers too..
    thanks for joining us over at Polkadoodles this week . Good luck
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love your coloring. Thanks so much for joining us at Raise the Bar this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, such delicate colours, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Jo, what a gorgeous card, the colouring is beautiful. I have the same problem with crackle paint, I thought it was just me! Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week,
    big hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving this card ! everything about it. Thanks for playing along at polkadoodles this week.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What a stunning card! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really lovely card.
    Thanks for joining in with the Polka Doodles hearts challenge and hope to see you again.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...