Thursday 6 March 2014

Splash of Gold !

Have I told you how much I love Hero Arts Ink Daubers ? I bought a few colours to try and I just love them so I'll be adding some more to my shopping basket soon !

For my card today I took inspiration from a photo I found on Pinterest 


I just loved the blue/greens and that swipe of gold 

So, out came my pastel mint and tide pool ink daubers and for the gold I used the Delicata Golden Glitz ink pad.  For a more controlled "swipe" I used the stamps from Hero Arts Shape and Texture stamp set (love this set too !!).



 I first stamped the pastel mint and then loaded my stamp again with pastel mint and added some tide pool to darken the ink a little.  The next swipe was just tide pool ink.

I took a sideways photo to show you the gold in its full glory

I used the Simon Says Stamp Meadow Rue die and made a stencil from it from card.  There is a piece in the die that comes away from the centre so I placed my stencil over my card where I wanted it, secured it with washi tape and then the piece I needed in the centre, I attached with a tiny glue dot to hold it in place and then gently smeared the embossing paste over it.  I did have to clean up a little that had leaked underneath but on the whole, I'm really pleased with how this homemade stencil turned out.



The photos are pretty dreadful so I'll try and take some more later.  I think the light was a bit strange yesterday.  I find I have problems taking photos when its sunny for some reason.  Must be the direction my craft room faces.

I followed the sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch.

I hope you have a great Thursday !

 




7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous! What a fabulous take on the inspiration photo and on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color combination and the cool stamped stripes with this lovely flower. Great job, Jo. Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the swipes of color and the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very lovely, Jo! Makes me think of lilies of the valley, which mean SPRING!! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Jo - so elegant and the colours are just fabulous! Hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Jo!!! The colors are so Pretty with the hint of gold :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...