Saturday 24 July 2010

BasicGrey Challenges - Stitching


Wow, sunshine ! It's been so dark and miserable the last few days its lovely to see the sunshine.

I'm running late today as I'm taking Molls to meet a coach to go on Brownie Camp for 4 days shortly. I shall try and be brave but I know I shall burst into tears as soon as the coach pulls away (or even before if I'm really unlucky !).

Anyway, today we have a fun challenge for you over at BasicGrey Challenges - STITCHING ! The stitching can be real or faux or even both !

The DT have made some fantastic cards for you this week again. Please hop over and have a look.

There is also an amazing prize of a $25 P&P free shopping spree with Simon Says Stamp !




The DP's I used are BasicGrey "Porcelain" and I did actually stitch all the layers together with my sewing machine although it doesn't show very well in the photo.

The image is a sweet Hanglar image which my gorgeous teamie, Heather, sent me. She has been coloured with ProMarkers.

The flower I made myself from a piece of brown felt and I added some pink blanket stitching around the edges. The centre of the flower is a wooden heart which I painted with tattered rose crackle paint and then stamped with a heart stamp (Whiff of Joy I think !). The leaves are the clay embellishments again I made myself which you saw on my Simon Says Challenge card in my last post. This time, I painted it with white acrylic paint.

The doily and raffia are from my stash.

The sentiment is by Hero Arts and you can buy these at Simon Says Stamp.

We hope you can come along and play with us this week and we look forward to seeing all your lovely creations.

Right, I had better organise the girls and set off for the coach :o(

I shall be back later to draw the winner of my blog candy.

Have a great Saturday and thank's so much for visiting me today - mwah !


Love 'n' hugs


4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous card,i love the image and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo - you make it sound like I've been coloured in Promarkers (rofl). Fabulous card, fantastic handmade details, (such patience you have)love the little aHanglar in her pink dress and gorgeous colours and papers.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello me darlin, long time no speak eh, blimey where does the time rim off to these days, not enough hours in the day :(,

    Anyho sweetie, i love this card, your flower is simply gorgeous, the stitching around it really sets it off :), love the sweet image you have used and as always your colouring is wonderful :), fab choice in papers to complement the image too, love the Porcelain collection :), especially love the doily ooo i must try that sometime myself, love it :)


    Take care darlin and hope to catch up soon :)

    xx
    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...