Wednesday 21 July 2010

Simon Says Challenge - Martine's Sketch


Good morning my lovely crafting buddies, how are we ? Well, only 3 more days of school left and we are on the countdown now ! I don't think any of us can wait until we hear that final bell, the end of term has been so slow coming for us and poor Molls is shattered.

Anyway, you are here to see what the new challenge is on Simon Says Challenge, yes ?!!

The gorgeous, super duper talented Martine has given us all a fantastically simple sketch to follow and here it is .....




and, here is my card......




The DP's are the gorgeous, yummy Pink Paislee "Queen Bee" and Simon Says Stamp now stocks the 6x6 pads ! In fact, Simon Says Stamp is now stocking lots of different brands of papers and I am sure we will see more on their return from the CHA show which is very soon.

The image is a stamp from a set called "Friendship" by Inkadinkado. I have heat embossed the image and sentiment with copper embossing powder and very lightly inked the edges with distress ink.

The flowers are Prima Artful Collage. The centres are from my stash.

You can of course buy the stamp set, distress inks and Primas from Simon Says Stamp !

The little gold embellishments were made by me out of air dried clay and a mould. When they were dry, I painted them with white acrylic paint and then Adirondack gold acrylic paint. They are so simple to make and even the kids can get involved and help too ! I got the idea from my gorgeous and inspirational crafting buddy Kim Costello who is amazing with all things embellishment (well, all things really to do with art and craft but if I tell you that, it might make her blush lots and lots !!!!).

The lace is from my stash.

The prize this week is a fantastic $25 shopping spree in the Simon Says Stamp Store

The DT have created some gorgeous and inspirational cards for you this week, please pop over and have a look and leave them some lovely comments and why not come and play with us too while you are there ?

Thank you for your visit and for any comments you may leave, they mean so much.

Hope you have a fantastic Wednesday and hope to see you again soon,.

Love 'n' hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous!!! I love the image and the embossing is that extra special touch! really adore your home made embellishments...just stunning!
    Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Jo,i love the mage and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Jo and *sigh* my fave papers!
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is gorgeous and stylish!

    wow, own embellishments! thank you for sharing info about them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful and inspiring as per usual :)

    Hugs and Luvs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sweet Jo, :) they look stunning in gold so inspiring, see didn't think to do them other colours ha ha ha! Now going to have to try!
    HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant and beautiful Jo and the dress stamp looks gorgeous embossed in the copper. I love the feel of the card with these pretty colours. Your clay embellies are amazing and make everything even more special. Big hugs, Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card Jo :-) ,,beautiful image and the papers, flowers and your hand made embellies are all just fantastic ! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Jo, beautiful image and what wonderful papers.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card Jo! I love the beautiful image and lovely colours and papers you've put together - the flowers look so pretty! :) Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH very lovely, Jo! I really like the image and sentiment and the touch of laces and the vintage pearl flower center!

    Thanks for yet another AWESOME Simon Says Stamp Challenge inspiration!

    *mwah*
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card Jo. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh I'm late this week - love these papers, beautiful image and perfect sentiment. Fabulous embellishments, I'm liking those leaves a lot!! Looks like fun to me, probably messy if I have anything to do with it, but fun!
    your flowers and lace are gorgeous.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Jo ~~really fascinating card!! Wonderful image and love the flowers!!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...