Saturday 3 July 2010

Butterfly Birthday and Exciting News !


How are we all on this bright/sunny/cloudy (can't really make up its mind what its going to do) Saturday afternoon ?

Well, yet again its been a busy ole week for me and the kiddlies and it was finished off so wonderfully on Thursday when both girls appeared on stage in the dance show "Memory Lane" with their dance school. It was Izzy's first time on stage and she was a Daisy. Oh boy, did I sob when she came on stage in her pink leotard, tutu and flowery hairband ! I knew I might shed a tear or two but I never expected to sob uncontollably !

I've also been very busy with commissions which is fantastic news ! The bad news is that I can't show you most of them but I can show you this one.....




The brief was that it was to be a birthday card for my friend's sister's 70th Birthday, it had to be pretty, preferably with flowers and/or a butterfly. Well, I think I managed all that OK !!

The DP's are DCWV "Mariposa" which I distressed and inked.

The images are by Penny Black and have been stamped with Whispers pens which I used to colour directly onto the stamp and then spray with a light mist of water and stamp onto watercolour paper. I then added some Stickles.

The lace is from my stash.

The flowers are all by Wild Orchid Crafts.

The pearls were bought from Simon Says Stamp

I also added some of the Magnolia chandelier's which you can also purchase from Simon Says Stamp.

I also made and decorated a box for her to present the card in.




Both my friend and her sister were very pleased which was good news.

I have some exciting news for you too ! You may have read a post or two back that I am being published in Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine ! Well, the magazine will be available to buy from July 6th. I received my copy this morning and I haven't stopped looking at it since ! I can't believe that its actually me and my cards on those pages !!! I'm well chuffed !!

You can also see a sneak preview of one of my cards on Kirstie's blog !

Would be lovely if you could buy the mag and tell me what you think !!!

Thank you for your visit and for any comments you may leave, was lovely of you to stop by and see me today !

Have a fantastic weekend and I hope to be back soon.

Love 'n' hugs,

10 comments:

  1. lovely card and well done on being published xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous cards Jo.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jo!! Love the image and the pretty pink colours! So stunning with all those flowers! Big congrats on being published !! Must go and grab my copy :) Big hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is gorgeous Jo I love it and am sure your friends sister would love it to

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mada yourself a very beautiful card there with the "mariposa" both on stamp and paper!
    I love it!

    Charlotta / Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo

    Wow - your little girl must have been so nervous being her first time on stage, and she did you proud of course. Bless. I'm not sure what I'l do when Pop's starts at school in a few years and they start doing assemblies and the nativity - I bet I blub too!

    Great card. The image is fab - never thought about the technique you've used. Might have to try it along the line sometime. No wonder your Friend and her Sister loved it! Its gorgeous!

    Congrats on being published in Cardmaking and Papercraft. Its one of the few magazines I buy so I'l be sure to take extra care when turning pages and looking out for you :)

    Have a lovely Sunday hun!

    Kimmi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Jo, I love the beautiful flowers and image and the soft colours are lovely! Congratulations on being featured in Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine! I saw you in it the other day when my subscription came through, your cards were stunning! I loved your different takes on the sketch! :) Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so beautiful Jo, gorgeous colours and details!!! I'm like you I cry uncontrollably at everything my little boy does! Huge congratulations on being published!! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being published.
    This is a lovely card, I'm sure she will be thrilled to get it.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Jo :-) I am sure she LOVED it ,, and the box too ,,, very beautiful :-)

    Congratulations on being published too ,,, will be definitely getting a copy :-)

    aww ,,, it must have been lovely to see your gorgeous little girls up there on the stage ,,, sooo cute :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...