Thursday 5 February 2015

Clearly Besotted Stamps - February Release - Teaser Day 4

Well, today is the day that you will finally be able to get your hands on this brilliant new release from Clearly Besotted Stamps ! 10pm GMT is the time you need to get to your PC !!

Today I have two cards to show you, both from the same stamp set which is called "Wild Thing".

I made this card first


I coloured this cheeky monkey with Copics and then......

after seeing Kristina Werner's amazing video on  no-lines watercoloring, I just had to give it a go !  Kristina inspired a lot of crafters to grab their watercolours/distress markers and have a go at this technique and its been wonderful seeing how everyone has got on and how fab their work is.  I'm no artist so I found it quite difficult but after several attempts I was really pleased at how this little fellow turned out.

I know a workman should never blame his/her tools but I did find that buying some decent brushes helped enormously !  Trying this technique with the kids paintbrushes just didn't help with my struggles !  So, my tip is to try this technique with good tools in hand !!  I bought a set of Winsor and Newton Foundation water colour brushes from WHSmith.  I think they were about £8 for a set of 6 and I found them fantastic to work with.


This stamp set is fantastic for trying out different colouring techniques.  It also has a lion and tiger which I shall have to practice my no-lines colouring on !

As always, you can see links to everything I used below.

I shall be back tomorrow with another card to show you from this amazing release !


 


Cheeky Monkey



Cutie Giraffe !



13 comments:

  1. Hi Jo
    Two gorgeous cards... Love the images beautifully coloured....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and great colouring to these images. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards. I've really enjoyed seeing all the new releases xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the no line colouring giraffe, perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Jo! Your couring is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, Jo. Your no line colouring looks fabulous, must give this a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, Jo. Your no line colouring looks fabulous, must give this a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute Jo - love what you did with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards -thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE your watercolor cards! You're amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...