Tuesday 17 February 2015

New Home

My lovely friend moved house last week which was really sad as she is now in another town and her children now go to another school. I'm sure we will stay in touch but it was sad all the same. No more playground chats !!

Anyway, of course I had to make her a card to take with her and when I saw these stamps from STAMPlorations, I knew they would be perfect.

I had seen a card made by Maria (rieslingmama) (I adore her cards !), where she had used the houses as a background and I really wanted to try this for myself.


I started off by stamping one house in red and then a lot of masking was involved to create the rest of the background.  I then stamped an extra red house, fussy cut it out and then added over the top of the stamped red house with foam tabs.

Three hearts were punched, had generous amounts of clear Wink of Stella applied and then were added to the card again using foam tabs.

I am entering this into the Addicted to CAS Challenge which is "Masking" and also the STAMPlorations Monthly Challenge which is "Stamps and Hearts".

I'll be back tomorrow with the new challenge from Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

I'm really busy at the moment making lots and lots of cards some of which will be shown in due course and some are for Cardmaking and Papercraft which you will be able to see in a few months time !  The girls are also home for half term so I'm finding blogging time short.

Enjoy the sunshine !
 


12 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a delightful card, Jo! Love the pop of red. So glad you can join us at STAMPlorations this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this card! I also was in awe when I saw Maria's card. I love the way you popped out that one red house. Thanks for linking it up over at STAMPlorations so I could come ooogle it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jo! I love that you liked my design and it works wonderfully for a new home card. Love this. And thanks for the shout out. And gracing the STAMPlorations gallery ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool!! I love the graphic look of this, the color palette fits so well... Great, great card! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most amazing job of masking I've seen, Jo! So many houses and so perfectly stamped! So glad you shared this with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this, Jo! What a fabulous little village you've created - I'd love to visit it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I do love this card. The masking is awesome and the red house popping out is eye-catching. Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Jo, and you did an awesome job masking! Thanks for sharing over at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! love love love the masking and the card design :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous use of the Houses set, Jo, and congrats on your win at STAMPlorations! I love how the red-stamped house stands out in the village, and the hearts are a fab touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, I promise to try really, really hard NOT to CASE your card... but I think I'm gonna fail as I LOVE IT SOOOOOOOO MUCH! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...