Tuesday 5 August 2008

Perfect - Crafting and Coffee !






What a lovely morning I have had today. I went off on my own (yes, I did say on my own !) to a beautiful little craft shop called Potato Patch Crafts in Devizes for a craft and coffee morning and it was fantastic. I met a lovely lady called Ruth and the owner Jane. Ruth and I were given the run of the whole workshop and all the stash you could think of - absolute heaven. Jane was fantastic and joined us (customers in the shop allowing) whenever she could to give us quick demos and loads of handy hints and tips. We had great fun and I shall definitely be joining them again when I can. I made these two cards while I was there.

I'm not sure of everything I used to make these cards as I took the pattered paper from a box full to the brim of every pattered paper you could ever lay your hands on !! I think it may be a DCWV paper ?

The stamps for the first card are Inkadinkado clear stamps called "The Garden Variety" and I coloured these using Marvy pens and a watercolour brush.

The stamp for the second card is an Inca wooden stamp called "3D Scroll Butterfly" and I coloured this with Sakura pens and a watercolour brush.


Now for the "oh dear" bit.......


We all know we cannot enter a craft shop without feeling the need to give as much of that lonely looking, beautiful, sparkly and gorgeous stash a new loving home but how many of us actually go out for a cup of coffee, make a couple of cards and then return home with not only some of that beautiful stash that needs rehoming but a Cricut machine as well !!

Yes, I bought a Cricut (the baby one) ! One of Jane's customers had bought "baby" a while ago and didn't get on with it and so she decided to sell it for less than half its original price ! Well, how could I refuse ! "Baby" is now sat proudly on my table and I have spent an enjoyable afternoon playing with her and cutting every letter and shape you can think of !

This is "Baby" !


7 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, you minx buying a cricut machine ;)
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had a wonderful time at the craft/coffee morning and, your creaions are just beautiful, as always!
    Lovely to meet your Cricut Baby! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh enjoy your baby I love mine!!! The cards that you have made are gorgeous. Caroline xxx (cupcakedaft)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm coffee and craft - my idea of heaven!! I looooove both of them!!! (and the coffee help keep me awake to craft even longer hehe) I hope you are treating baby well and giving her lots of regular exercise!!!! I want so see lots of lovely new projects now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards, Jo. I may have to invest in those stamps!

    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW a cricut!!! lucky you! great cards!

    The purple paper is called Pocket Full of Posies :-) btw

    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh coffee and crafting what bliss. I love the cards you made, lucky you buying a cricut machine I hope to see lots of fab new makes with it. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...